The Village Budget was the topic of the LWVS' March 30th membership meeting. Pictured here is the LWVS President with members of the Village Administration, our future mayor and present and future Village Trustees
- The League of Women Voters of Scarsdale will hold an information meeting on the nonpartisan election system on Monday, April 27, at 10:00am at Village Hall, 3rd floor. Residents will learn about the nonpartisan system that has been in place to elect our school board and village board. A Q & A period will follow the presentation. The meeting is open to the public. For more information, contact Susie Rush, President@lwvs.org
- Change of Speaker! The new speaker for the LWVS spring luncheon is Elisabeth Bumiller, the Washington Editor of the New York Times. Elisabeth, a leading journalist, author and political commentator will be speaking on Women in Politics. The luncheon is Friday May 8, 2015 at 11:45am at the Scarsdale Golf Club. Admission is $40 ($45 at the door), high school and college students are $20. Please click here for more information, to RSVP and make secure payment. For questions contact Anne Lyons at AnnualLuncheon@lwvs.org. The luncheon will immediately follow the League's Annual Meeting for members, which begins at 10:30am.
- Read the LWVS' three April letters--click here for the 2015-2016 Village Budget Letter, click here for the League's comments on the proposed 2015-16 School Budget and click here to read the 2015 LWVS School Board Nominating Committee Elections Letter.
- The LWVS is proud to release its newly updated version of This is Scarsdale. This comprehensive community resource directory contains vital information on many facets of life in Scarsdale for both new comers and established residents. Please click here to learn about our Village's government, educational system, recreational offerings, history, community organizations and much more!
- The League of Women Voters is 95 years strong! Click here to find out ten ways the LWV has improved our country.
- Join the LWVS and make a positive difference in our community. To learn more about the many benefits of joining LWVS, please click here or press the red button below. You can join or renew your membership through PayPal or by check. To learn about donating to LWVS click here. The League thrives on your support!
"Victory Postponed. Regular Meeting Next Thursday"...read the interesting story of Scarsdale's Suffragists