Democracy is Not a Spectator Sport...Get Involved!
The League of Women Voters of Scarsdale is a nonpartisan, political organization with a rich history spanning over 90 years in the Scarsdale community. We encourage you to join us as we work to promote democracy and political responsibility at the local, state and national levels through voter education, issue advocacy and the active participation of citizens.
- The League of Women Voters of Westchester cordially invites the public to attend its Holiday Luncheon on Thursday, December 4, 2014 at The Scarsdale Congregational Church, 1 Heathcote Rd, Scarsdale. Lunch time speaker will be David McKay Wilson, Tax Watch Columnist at The Journal News, speaking on Andrew Cuomo, STAR, and What's Unfair About New York's Property Tax System. The cost is $30. For reservations contact Kitt Rosenthal at Hospitality@lwvs.org
- Please join the LWVS on Monday, December 8, at 10:30 a.m.at Village Hall's 3rd floor conference room for a general membership information session with Scarsdale Procedure Committee Chair, Howard Nadel, regarding the Citizens Nominating Committee (CNC) non-partisan election that will occur on Wednesday, November 12. The Procedure Committee is the body that solicits candidates and runs the CNC election. The CNC is the body that vets applicants and nominates the proposed slate for the Village Board of Trustees, including the Mayor. All members of the public are welcome to attend the information session. A consensus discussion will immediately follow the information session for purposes of making recommendations to the Procedure Committee. Only League members may be present for the consensus discussion, but all are welcome to join the League at that time of the meeting. For more information, please contact Diane Baylor, LWVS Village Election System Chair, at VillageElectionSys@lwvs.org.
- We have a day for giving thanks. We have Black Friday and Cyber Monday two-for-one deals. And now we have #GivingTuesday on Tuesday, December 2nd for giving back to the community! Stand up for the LWVS on #GivingTuesday with a generous donation.
- Click Here to read the final comments of the LWVS given to the Scarsdale Board of Education on November 17, 2014 regarding the proposed Capital Projects Bond Referendum.
- Join the LWVS and make a positive difference in our community. To learn more about the many benefits of joining LWVS, please click here or press the red button below. You can join or renew your membership through PayPal or by check. To learn about donating to LWVS click here. The League thrives on your support!
"Victory Postponed. Regular Meeting Next Thursday"...read the interesting story of Scarsdale's Suffragists
Join Us on Facebook