Aakif Ahmad, Co-Founder and Chief Operating Officer of the Convergence Center for Policy Resolution, with Cindy D., LWVS Program Chairman, at the October 17 LWVS Food for Thought Luncheon
- Join us for a Candidates Forum on Thursday, October 23rd from 7:30-9:30pm in the Scarsdale Library's Scott Room. Come listen to federal and state candidates discuss the issues and answer question, (Eliot Engel-U.S. House of Representatives, NY16th district; Andrea Stewart-Cousins -NYS Senate, 35th district, and Amy Paulin-NYS Assembly,88th district, will be in attendance). Local judicial candidates Rachel Hahn, Arlene Katz and Anne Minihan will be introduced.
- Are you smarter than a 7th grader? The LWVS is bringing a fun and educational Presidential Pursuit trivia game to the 7th grade social studies classes in Scarsdale on October 28th, 29th, 30th and Nov 3rd. Kids will divide into teams and test their knowledge of current events, presidential history, the U.S. government, the election process and the candidates. We are looking for volunteers to help facilitate the game (don't worry, adults will have the answer cards)! To volunteer, please contact Pam Rubin at PresidentialPursuit@lwvs.org.
- On Monday, November 17, 2014, at 10:30 AM, the LWVS will hold a general membership meeting at Scarsdale Village Hall, third floor, to discuss the proposed Scarsdale Schools $18.12M bond referendum. The community will be asked to vote on December 11, 2014 to authorize the Board of Education to borrow not more than $18.12M to construct improvements and alterations to the District's buildings. The general membership meeting is open to the public. A consensus meeting will be held immediately thereafter, at which League members will come to consensus on whether the League supports the bond proposition approved by the School Board at its Board meeting on October 6th. Only League members may participate in the consensus discussion. For more information, please contact Mary Beth Evans, email@example.com. Click here for voting information on the Bond Proposition.
- 2014 Voters Guide Correction-Two Family Court Justice Seats: There is an error on page 33 of the Westchester County League of Women Voters 2014 Voters Guide. For the November 2014 elections, there are two Family Court seats up for election, not one. The Voters Guide states that you should choose one of the candidates for Family Court Justice. This is an error. It should read Candidates (choose 2). This error has been corrected on Vote411.org. We apologize for any confusion. If you have any questions, please contact Linda Doucette-Ashman, Voter Service Chair, Scarsdale League of Women Voters at VoterService@lwvs.org.
- Please read the most recent LWVS Statement to the Scarsdale Board of Education regarding Revisions to their Gift Policy. See
our Stand on Issues page for earlier statements on this topic.
- LWVS comments to the Scarsdale Board of Education dated October 3, 2014 in advance of the Proposed Capital Projects Bond Referendum can be found here.
- Join the LWVS and make a positive difference in our community. To learn more about the many benefits of joining LWVS, please click here or press the red button below. You can join or renew your membership through PayPal or by check. To learn about donating to LWVS click here. The League thrives on your support!
"Victory Postponed. Regular Meeting Next Thursday"...read the interesting story of Scarsdale's Suffragists