Democracy is Not a Spectator Sport...Get Involved!
The League of Women Voters of Scarsdale is a nonpartisan, political organization with a rich history spanning over 90 years in the Scarsdale community. We encourage you to join us as we work to promote democracy and political responsibility at the local, state and national levels through voter education, issue advocacy and the active participation of citizens.
FOOD FOR THOUGHT LUNCHEON ON OCT. 16.
Discounted tickets available through Oct. 12. See below for more information.
LWVS Fall Membership Coffee
Do you want to vote in next April's primary elections? Click here to make sure you can do what you want.
- Wednesday, Oct. 14 - NY Atty General Eric Schneiderman to Speak on Ethics Reform at Mamaroneck High School. Click here for more information
- Friday, Oct. 16 - Food for Thought Luncheon - Hear Sheila Dallas-Katzman, Chair of the United Nations Convention on the Elimination of Discrimination Against Women, speak about her work with women and children around the world on United Nations Peacekeeping missions, and the UN Convention on the Elimination of All Forms of Discrimination Against Women. Click here for more information.
- Tuesday, Nov. 3 - Election Day
- Friday, Nov. 6 - Community Book Discussion In partnership with the Scarsdale public Library, we will host a book discussion for members of the League and the community. As a tie-in to this year's League focus on Money in Politics, we are reading a just-published book that examines the influence of private money in public education politics: The Prize: Who's in Charge of America's Schools? By Dale Russakoff. "The Prize" may well be one of the most important books on education to come along in years. It serves as a kind of corrective to the school reformers across the country (A. Kotlowitz, New York Times Book Review, Aug. 19, 2015; click here for a full review). Please bring a brown-bag lunch and join us to share thoughts on this book and the issues it raises. See our calendar for details and to register for this event.
- LWVS Fall Bulletin now available online. Click here to read it now.
- CANCELLATION: Please note that the League of Women Voters of Scarsdale's "Candidates Forum", scheduled for Wednesday, October 28, has been cancelled due to the fact that there are no contested races for legislative or executive offices representing Scarsdale.
- Check out what is happening in the league on the state level with the most recent copy of the LWVNYS State Voter.
- Watch the video of LWVS' April 27th meeting on Scarsdale's Non-Partisan system. This video clearly explains what Scarsdale's Non-Partisan system is, why we have a nonpartisan system, and how it works.
- The LWVS is proud to release its newly updated version of This is Scarsdale. This comprehensive community resource directory contains vital information on many facets of life in Scarsdale for both new comers and established residents. Please click here to learn about our Village's government, educational system, recreational offerings, history, community organizations and much more!
- The League of Women Voters is 95 years strong! Click here to find out ten ways the LWV has improved our country.
- Join the LWVS and make a positive difference in our community. To learn more about the many benefits of joining LWVS, please click here or press the red button below. You can join or renew your membership through PayPal or by check. To learn about donating to LWVS click here. The League thrives on your support!
"Victory Postponed. Regular Meeting Next Thursday"...read the interesting story of Scarsdale's Suffragists
Join Us on Facebook and Twitter