At a meeting held by LWVS on the Homestead Tax Option, League members Linda & Susie are pictured with Nanette Albanese, Scarsdale Town/Village Assessor (2nd left) & John Wolham, Regional Director,NYS Office of Real Property Tax Services, NYS Department of Taxation & Finances(right). The LWVS consensus statement that resulted from this meeting can be found under Annoucements below.
- All LWVS members and the public are invited to learn more about the 2014-2015 Scarsdale School Budget with members of the School Board and Administration on Monday, March 17 at 10:15am. This meeting will immediately be followed by a consensus meeting for League members. Both meetings will take place on the third floor of Village Hall. For more information please contact Mary Beth Evans at SchoolBudget@lwvs.org.
- There is a LWVS Village Budget Consensus Meeting on Monday, March 31 at 10:15 a.m.The 2014-2015 Scarsdale Village Budget will be discussed with members of the Village Board of Trustees, Village Manager Al Gatta and Village Treasurer Mary Lou McClure. This presentation and question-and-answer period is open to the entire community. Thereafter beginning at 11:15 a.m., there will be a League consensus meeting, at which LWVS members will come to consensus on recommendations to the Village Board on the proposed budget. Only League memebers may participate in the consensus discussion. For the Village Budget calendar, go to this link from the Village website
For more information contact Joan Frankle at 713-1250 or VillageBudget@lwvs.org.
- The Scarsdale League Issued a Consensus Statement concerning the Homestead Tax Option: The Scarsdale League presented this statement at the Scarsdale Town Board public hearing on March 4, 2014. A more detailed report will be prepared and released in the coming weeks.
- Deb Pekarek, First Vice President and a director of the League of Women Voters of Scarsdale, was selected by the Citizens Nominating Committee to be a candidate to the Village Board. As a result of her candidacy, Deb resigned as an officer and director of the League effective immediately.
- LWVS Now Accepts PayPal! Click here to lean more about paying for your membership online and click here to learn more about donating through PayPal. Of course, you can still pay by check too. The League thrives on your support!
"Victory Postponed. Regular Meeting Next Thursday"...read the interesting story of Scarsdale's Suffragists